Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Gen. Ed. Review

     I think general education requirements are important when completing your collegiate career. Even though general education requirements can be difficult, such as Math and Science classes, they create a basic balance of knowledge. This type of learning definitely does seem pointless at the time, but in the long run it drastically helps. For instance, classes such as Science or History can be tedious, but you learn a lot of skills within it. These skills can be both reading and writing, which carries over to other classes.

     In my experience, I am not sure what I like or dislike about gen. ed. classes. They can be interesting for a while, but then become pretty stressful because they aren't necessarily in my "interest." I do like how they have helped me in the long run thought. Looking at this class, I have gained so much writing knowledge that I haven't learned in any other classes before. This has been great for me as I want to become a writer someday.

     I am not sure how I would design a gen. ed. class because general education requirements for each college are quite different. However, I will say that taking three semesters of foreign language (which I had to do) was pretty awful. I feel this way because for both Spanish 1 & 2 we had to meet everyday of the week and could only miss four classes. This was so much work for something I will not carry out past college. My only suggestion would be to make the general education requirements for each college more relatable to the majors within it.


No comments:

Post a Comment